I’m thrilled! I just received my first blogger award. Know how you see some blogs with awards plastered all over their site? Yes, well, that’s not my website. So, you can imagine my excitement!! Here’s a huge thank you to the blogger from whom I received this award: Laura. To use her words, Laura is “a cosmetics junkie.” Wow. kind of makes you wonder how we became friends, huh?! Laura’s blog is: My Newest Addiction. Here is a link so you can see why I have been a follower of her blog: http://mynewestaddiction.blogspot.com. She’s also a Facebook friend! The rules are that I must link back to the person/people who tagged me, (that would be Laura) and now I need to nominate 10 other bloggers, who will list their favorite 10 products.
Without further ado, here is Moxie’s List of her TEN FAVORITE PRODUCTS:
1. Joon’s Natural Beauty Body Wash both my daughter and I love!! Here is my previous review: Joon’s Natural Beauty Body Wash. I would like to share this funny exchange with my teenage daughter. After deciding that she absolutely loved the Joon products that I purchased, she insisted that I not use them. “Mom, I thought you said I was the Joon Girl?! Would you *please* leave the Joon products for the Joon Girl, then?! Come on!” I’m sure that Ms. Tameka Linell, Co-Founder/VP Marketing at JOON Skincare, would not object to Moxie awarding her daughter the honorary title of, Joon Girl.
(Joon’s website also includes a monthly contest to be a Joon Girl. A Joon Girl is a girl who, “Doesn’t sit around waiting for something to happen to her. She is out there embracing the world making things happen and making positive changes for herself and the world around her….” I like it! A Joon Girl has Moxie!! )
Following up on my daughter’s request to get my hands off her Joon products, I needed to find something that I, and the rest of my family, could use. That leads me to:
2. I purchased 100% PURE COCOA KONA HYDRATING BODY WASH (All Natural, 100% Vegetarian, Gluten free), and my family highly recommends it, although I have not done a “formal” review of it. It’s a huge bottle, (Net wt. 17 oz/502 ml, and I paid $15. 100% PURE shower gels do not contain water, gums, thickeners, or emulsifiers. The Cocoa Kona fragrance smells absolutely wonderful; and it produces a really nice foam. Check out the big bars of chocolate pictured on their label. (Affiliate link added: 9-8-11)
Check out this wonderful statement that 100% PURE has on their website:
“We love animals and refuse to support anything that hurts animals which is why none of our formulas are ever tested on animals (everything we use is food grade and does not require testing, whereas chemical ingredients must be tested). All our makeup brushes are from synthetic fibers. No animals were hurt for their fur and no animals were hurt for any of our ingredients (the only animal ingredient we use is cruelty free honey).”
3. miessence foaming HAND SOAP (their name is not capitalized) is certified organic. Lavish Organics – Certified Organic Products www.lavishorganics.com were very generous, and sent a sample to me. Terrific product, and I highly recommend it; in addition, it’s refillable, too! All the ingredients in miessence’s certified organics line of products are safe, and, they are even safe enough to eat–but, of course, snack on something else instead All of miessence’s products use only certified organic cold-pressed and unrefined oils and therapeutic grade herb and flower extracts. In addition, the products are cold-formulated so oils are never exposed to damaging heat.
4. I have made no secret of the fact that I love SIRCUIT® Cosmeceuticals products. Even after I reviewed their products: Sircuit® Cosmeceuticals Youth Accelerator Pumpkin Enzyme Peel and Can an oil-free bronzer give you a golden glow? I continued to go back to their website to check out what else I might be needing! As it turns out, I read the description for their X-TRAP Daily Gentle Face Wash, and made a note that it would be a product that I would certainly order when I was finished with the facial cleanser that I had recently purchased based on the recommendation by my dermatologist. I can’t even recall what prompted me to look at the list of ingredients in this aforementioned cleanser. I’m fairly certain I was looking to see how much longer I would have to go before I could try SIRCUIT’s cleanser.
The good and bad news is as follows. I had plenty of product left in the cleanser recommended by the dermatologist. The bad news is that there were several ingredients on the “blacklist” from wonderful book I previously reviewed, No More Dirty Looks, The Truth About Your Beauty Products and the Ultimate Guide to Safe and Clean Cosmetics.
Well, that was quite a shock, so don’t assume that just because it’s doctor recommended that it has all the ingredients that you do/do not want in a product. I called SIRCUIT® Cosmeceuticals’ toll-free phone number, as any customer can and should do, and had a free personalized skin consultation with Todd Edmiston, who is the Retail Sales Coordinator. After that consultation I purchased the X-TRAP Daily Gentle Face Wash in the full size (4 oz.), which is $38.00. Since then, I have been using it twice a day and my face looks great!
5. I continue to use and recommend Sigma Beauty’s, Cleansing & Polishing Tool. Here is the link for my website to read: An Interview with Simone & Sigma’s New Cleansing & Polishing Tool Review . I paid $39.00 plus $8.60 for USPS Priority Shipping. It’s extremely effective at exfoliation/polishing; I not only could feel that my skin felt smoother, but I also noticed that the polishing process did help my moisturizer to absorb better/faster. In addition, since my skin was so smooth, and my moisturizer was so completely absorbed into my skin, I then had the perfect base to apply makeup products. The Cleansing & Polishing Tool is reasonably priced, and very effective,
6. My next favorite product is: Aromafloria’s Aromatherapy, AromaRemedy Salt Glow Body Scrub. This is a product which I was lucky enough to not only receive a sample of, but the company, Aromafloria, had a contest in which some of the Readers of Moxie Reviews™ were able to win a free product. The full review is here, and what I continue to appreciate about the product is that I am able to quickly buff away rough skin with a circular motion; and it gently exfoliates. Easy, and I have instant results of very smooth skin, with a nice scent. This, of course, is perfect to use before I use the next favorite product on my list:
7. SIRCUIT® Cosmeceuticals’ faux sun, Sircuit Soliel, a firming mineral self bronzer. I received a 4 ml Acrylic Pot Sample, which is $6.50 to review, and the full review is here: Can an oil-free bronzer give you a golden glow?. The sample of the mineral self bronzer so impressed me, that I purchased the full-size product, 4oz. / 120 ml for $48.00. As you can see from the photo, the full size has a terrific pump! Of course, this product does not contain artificial colors, fragrance, preservatives, and, as a requirement of being reviewed, is cruelty free.
8. I’m an unwavering fan of Josie Maran Cosmetics’ products. In fact, my first review was on Josie Maran’s Argan Oil. My previous reviews are: Josie Maran’s Limited Edition Argan Oil Eyeshadow Quad and Josie Maran’s Bear Naked Wipes Review. I have purchased all of these products. I have tweeted and written on Facebook more than once, “I stockpile Argan OiI,” in response to the company’s question to name our favorite product. I have photographed Josie’s 100% Pure Argan Oil Luxury Size, 4 fl oz for $96, and I also snuck in the To Go size (purchased through QVC) and Josie’s Argan Oil Hair Serum 2 fl oz. for $30.
9. Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Baby Block with SPF 40 and LAVANILA LABORATORIES. Purchased both terrific sunscreens for the family, and I’m so glad that I did. Not once has someone gotten even a little red from the sun. Need I say more?!
10. NEW Bare Escentuals Pretty Amazing Lip Color Review color purchased: Moxie–but of course! Now, I did not put that on the list just because it has my name, which is an added bonus. I really do love the color. Also, I wasn’t allowed to “bend” the rules and add a #11 to the list. That would have been a bareMinerals product that I’m currently completing a review for. So, back to Moxie Lip Color. With eight shades, and Moxie telling you that it is a very creamy lip color, that give my lips a beautiful shine, you too would find one you wanted to purchase.
Previously I have purchased two of their eye shadow colors, and here is a link to that review: Buxom Stay-There Eye Shadow. I have also posted a great New York Times article on my website, Move Over, Estée Lauder, which is all about Leslie Blodgett, the chief executive of Bare Escentuals.
Content copyright 2011. Moxie. All rights reserved