Hurraw! Balm: Cruelty Free and Vegan
Hurraw! Balm is a product that may be inexpensive, but has all the goodness (and more) that much more expensive brands purport to have, and don’t! Also, you won’t be sacrificing anything to have not only a certified cruelty free lip balm, but a certified vegan one, too. Hurraw! Balm has many flavors, and even an unscented version. While it’s not meant to be eaten, of course, it is so safe, you can lick your lips and not have to think about any chemicals that you might be ingesting.
The makers of Hurraw! Balm wanted to formulate their ideal balm. It had to be, “super smooth, not draggy, not sticky, not sweet, not too glossy, not too smelly, never grainy, long lasting; plus, it had to hold up to being in a back jeans pocket all day without melting!” While I did not test it in the back pocket of my jeans, I can attest to every other attribute being a success, and a perfect lip balm!
Hurraw! Balm has a very clear label so you know exactly what you’re purchasing with your hard earned money. You simply turn over the Hurraw! Balm and read the label.
They’re also happy to show you what the ingredients are on the Website, before you even order! Here’s an example of the ingredients in the Hurraw! Lip Balm that has sun protection SPF 15
Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, ‡Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, *Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, *Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, Citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel wax, *Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, *Rubus idaeus (raspberry) seed, *Hippophae rhamnoides (seabuckthorn) seed oil, *Punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, Tocopherols (sunflower),*Citrus reticulata (tangerine) peel oil, *Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract, *Vanilla planifolia (vanilla) bean
The ingredients in Hurraw! Balm are all plant based, and all are listed. In addition to being certified vegan, and cruelty free, everyone reading this blog should recognize the Leaping Bunny logo on the label. It’s always important to check a company’s stance, but I appreciate that Harraw! Balm puts this statement in writing: “…[Hurraw!] does not purchase ingredients from any company that at any point of their growing, handling, or production cycle involves animal testing. Each supplier and every purchase order is confirmed cruelty-free before it is added to our supply chain.”
See how easy that is for companies to put in in writing, when they have nothing to hide?!
Hurraw! Balm ingredients are cosmetic and food-grade ingredients. Safety testing takes place on human panels via independent labs. All of the ingredients are guaranteed to be GMO free by the growers and distributors. As if that’s not enough Hurraw! Balm is Gluten Free, Soy Free, and Shea Free.
This is why you won’t worry about licking your lips after you apply Hurraw! Balm: it’s non toxic. There are no petroleum products, parabens, synthetic preservatives, or artifical colors.
All of the flavors in the Balm are from 100% natural sources, manufactured in the USA and are USDA food grade. Most are from pure essential oils. If you purchase Chocolate, Rootbeer, Chai Spice, Green Tea, or Black Cherry, they are made for Hurraw! Balm from 100% natural, organically derived flavor compounds through steam-distillation and various processes of extraction.
Just in case you’re going to ask, there is absolutely no alcohol in any Balm, or in any of the ingredients!
Here’s some more information about each of the Hurraw! Balm products that I received. Am I suggesting you eat them? NO, but again, Hurraw! Balms are so safe, you can lick your lips and not have to think about any chemicals that you might be ingesting. Can you say that about all your previous purchases before you educated yourself?
1. Hurraw! Unscented Lip Balm. Note: While it contains no added flavor, and is nut-oil free, I was able to detect a very faint aroma of meadowfoam seed oil, which is a great moisturizer and is packed with vitamin E. Yes, it’s a real multi-tasker, because it can also be used on your cuticles!
2. The Hurraw! Sun Balm has SPF 15, it’s non-nano Zinc Oxide. It has Juicy tangerine and calming Roman chamomile. Note: Zinc Oxide is all natural, broad spectrum (which means it blocks both UVA and UVB rays) sun screen. When you apply the Hurraw! Sun Balm it protects your lips by sitting on top of them and provides a physical barrier against the sun by deflecting the rays away from your skin. You need to remember to reapply the balm often! And, don’t think that it’s just for winter. Your lips are exposed to sun every day, and people do get cancer on their lips!
3. Hurraw! Moon Balm is a great treatment for your lips before you go to sleep. This one has vanilla and a Peru Balsam scent–but the balsam scent is not as overpowering as you might think. It’s actually supposed to help lull you to sleep. It is written that their is a blue green shade, but I really can’t see that, and it’s a just a clear gloss look on me. I actually tested this one both before bed, and during the day. It’s very rich, and incredibly moisturizing. I feel it is richer that the Unscented, which was also incredibly moisturizing. But, it’s no surprise that my lips felt so smooth and moisturized. It’s formulated with Avocado Oil, Rosehip Seed Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil (also in the Unscented one), and Argan Oil. Great for helping dry lips heal.
4. Hurraw! Grapefruit Lip Balm has a really pretty pink shade that left a clear gloss on my lips. It smells just like fresh grapefruit! This is formulated with fresh cold pressed organic oil from both white, and pink grapefruit from Florida.
5. Hurraw! Mint Lip Balm will provide a little bit of tingle to your lips, and the cool scent of mint. Do you like mint? You’ll love this flavor.
6. Hurraw! Vanilla Bean Lip Balm is infused with raw, organic vanilla beans from Madagascar. I actually love to bake and I know that Madagascar vanilla is really creamy, and I think that it’s a great description of how my lips felt with this flavor. It’s a delicious vanilla scent and it made my lips very smooth! Definitely lives up to the claims of being long lasting!
Disclosure: I received Hurraw! Balm for possible review. All links are for your convenience only.
Moxie Reviews 2011-2016. Content copyright. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author/owner, Moxie, is strictly prohibited.